Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8

Thank goodness it's Friday or TGIF! I'm finishing up the initial revisions of part three of a project I'm working on. Last night I found a foothold for a new romantic suspense story. What does that mean? Well, for me, story telling is being able to see in the mist. If you sit still long enough and unfocus your eyes and think about the story you want to bring to life, the fog clears and the scene opens. Once I have an opening, it's easy to go back to the spot and widen and clarify and create an actual story. So, yay for footholds in the mist! Happy Friday, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Your description of "seeing through the mist" works much the same way for me. Aside from writing dialog for my characters, that first "Ah-Ha...!" jolt of inspiration is my favorite part of writing.

    ReplyDelete