Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 12

Most of you probably already know this, but I checked the Wild Rose Press Bestseller list this week to see if the 16 new releases knocked Mr. Charming off the list and was delighted to find that the book had actually moved up to number 9~ How fun is that?

I mean as far as bestseller lists go it's really small potatoes, but it is also encouraging to see that hard work does pay off...even in little bits and snigs.

Today I'll finish chapter three of my new middle grade project for boys. My goal is to have a draft done by the end of the month and shipped off to my nephews-grades, 7, 4 and 3-for a first read.

Meanwhile, agent rejections keep coming in and more queries keep going out. Thus is a writer's life. Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Nancy, My 14 year son is a great reader if you need another young critic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Number 9. And good luck on the queries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hear it for staying power!

    L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nine is my lucky number, but you can borrow it if you want.

    Onward and upward, Nancy--to glory!

    ReplyDelete