Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14

Yesterday I found gluten-free lasagna noodles on the store shelf. I've been gluten-free (No wheat, malt or barley) for nearly a year and so it's been a while since I've had lasagna. I bought the noodles, the mozzarella, the ricotta cheese, onion, oregano, hamburger...and went looking for pasta sauce. Where i discovered Newton's Own Vodka Sauce- what a giggle. Who thought up putting vodka in pasta sauce? Hmmm. The bottle gave a little story about a man drinking vodka running into a woman with a pan of pasta sauce...you get the idea. I was laughing so hard. The best part was on the label splashed across the front were the words..."Industrial Strength." *me shaking my head*

It was good for a giggle, but no, I didn't buy it. I bought organic garlic and olive oil sauce. By the way, the lasagna turned out fabulous! Wishing you good cooking and laughter!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a vegan and since there's no substitute for Ricotta cheese yet, I haven't had lasagne in years!

    Glad you got to enjoy.

    L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete