Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3

Do you online chat? I don't mean instant message people. I mean go into a chat room and discuss stuff.

I have no real experience at it. But I'm going to have to get used to it as on-line chats are part of my Master's program. Our first one is tomorrow night- at the same time as the open chat my publisher offers for readers and authors to mingle. (I'm terrible at mingling and have avoided chats...but now my hand has been forced.)

If you have tips or hints for chat discussions-please let me know. I'm going to be diving in tomorrow night. cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Never done a chatroom! Good luck.

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chat from time to time with fellow writing friends - it is an interesting form of communicating because it combines the immediacy of conversation with the recorded text of email... providing plenty of time for later review and reflection.

    ReplyDelete