Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 6

I started on a new project. I thought to myself yesterday, as I was sending out agent and editor queries and looking over my inventory of (if I can say so myself) very good stories, I need a hobby. Seriously something to do other than write books-- I do some painting. I would love to learn how to weave-but that costs a great deal of money and then you have to find a loom... etc.

It was in the middle of this thought that I need a hobby because I've already written far too many books... that a new character popped up. I've been waiting for him, really. I had already visualized a setting, have a stack of great research books, and was simply waiting for the character-because I'm a character writer. Well, up he popped with his sister in tow. A new genre- a new voice.

Don't think I'll get to a new hobby today. :) Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I just love it when new characters come alive in my head, all persistent and ready to be written about.

    On the hobby subject, I like to walk. It sounds like you have some beautiful scenery you could walk through too. Though I've discovered lately that playing Farm Town on Facebook is a much more addictive past time (it's not so healthy or productive though).

    ReplyDelete