Monday, February 7, 2011

Feb. 7

For those of you in the United States, did you watch the super bowl or did you spend the time writing? I did neither. I spent the time reading. I've been working really hard lately and my poor little child artist demanded some time off. So I sat with those watching the game and I read, pausing to take in the funny commercials. The official snow count was 26 inches last week. We received another three inches of snow yesterday. It's snowing right now but thankfully only big fat flakes. I have begun to feel a little house bound. The problem is that getting out doesn't help with the claustrophobic feeling. There is so much snow- the snow banks are so high you can't see around corners and the lanes on the road are not all cleared so two lanes becomes one and a half and people try to squeeze by-creating, yes, a claustrophobic feeling even outside. Crazy right? Perhaps I need to put on my boots and go climb the snow mountain in front of my house (It is over ten feet tall. They have to put the snow somewhere.) and get above the snow. Perhaps it will help with that closed in feeling. Anyone else feeling cabin fever? If so, how do you deal with it? Cheers~

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of snow! I watched AND did some reading at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the super bowl. GO PACK GO!!! We had a super bowl party at our house since my hubby is a huge Packers fan. We bought a cheesehead, jersey, and someone brought a huge cookie with Packers on it. Even the kid was decked out in Green. So no, I didn't get any writing done Sunday night!!

    Good luck in the snow. We're supposed to get 3 to 6 inches more today. Bluck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all, yay for celebrations- and reading. Linda, we got more snow yesterday, too. Am so tired of snow LOL. Perhaps if I go out and play in it, it won't feel so ugh. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete