Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nov. 3

It's one of those perfect November days~ cold and rainy and dark. I expect to smell turkey roasting and to hear football on TV. Today is enrollment day for the Spring semester for my MA. It is my last full semester and I am ready. Someone teased me and said I have senior-it-est. Perhaps. When you know you are this close to the end of a big project, you simply want to be done. It's that way with writing a novel sometimes. Although others slow down toward the end because they aren't ready to give their characters up.

Which is it for you? Ready to finish or not wanting to let go? Cheers~

2 comments:

  1. When reading both "War and Peace" and"Les Miserables" I slowed down soooooooo much because I did not want the story to end. With my own novel I am so happy too see the end nearing yet, this last part is taking me soooooooooo long to get through. I must be really stupid or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty, you are not stupid. This is your process. Why do we writers always feel as if our personal process is wrong? It's nuts, yet we all do. Guess it's the little crazy you get with creative talent. :D
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete