Monday, September 12, 2011

Sept 12

The grapes are starting to turn purple. I have noticed trees with red leaves. Some are half red while others are still pure green. People are putting out their Fall decorations of scarecrows (that scare no one) and red/orange/yellow-colored mums. The geese are flying over head in V formations. I suspect they will begin to come back to the lake for their annual ten o'clock coffee break.This area lost a lot of trees this summer. The weather was bad between drought and strong storms that tore off branches and split trunks. Then the bugs came and feasted on the damage. Slowly the trees are being cut down. The limbs sectioned into firewood. The air is dry and scented with bonfire smoke. Fat squirrels run about burying nuts for winter storage. I have yet to see the deer this year. I wonder why they are not coming by this way. Perhaps there is more food somewhere else. Little dog tells me that chipmunk has been up on the deck again. I need to keep an eye on the fruit and ensure I get it first.S easons change daily, but life...life goes on in known cycles. It's comforting. Isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite season. I love all the warm colors, the cooler weather, and the smokey smells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our temperatures have finally dropped, although it will be October before the leaves begin to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Fall simply the best? I do love it. Thanks for the comments my dear friends. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete