Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sept 14

I got revision notes for my latest cozy mystery. I love to see what my agent thinks. Then it's a puzzle for me to figure out how to make that happen. When I first started many books ago, I would have been put off by revisions. But these days I encourage opinions. It doesn't mean that I will follow them all, but it helps me to improve the work and for me that is the most important thing. I want to be successful and if that means a rewrite or a word search, then I'm all over it. I am so invested in my stories. It breaks my heart when they aren't selling. So I work hard to ensure they are the best they can be so that more people enjoy them.
Writers, how do you feel about revisions?

3 comments:

  1. I'm learning to enjoy revisions too. It's a great opportunity to make the story even better. Of course, my bad habit is that I get so impatient and excited about "almost" being there, I sometimes rush when I know I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that throughout each book you learn to accept certain things and start embracing them. I've only been writing for a little under two years and already I'm learning so much! I'm working my through the world of querying hoping to get a bite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, yes, I also get impatient - lol.

    Jen- best of luck with your queries and congrats. It's a great step in the process! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete