Friday, April 9, 2010

April 9

It's Friday and the sun is out and the threat of snow is going away. Two years ago we had snow in May and then as early as October so I am not too upset about yesterday's flakes. I am working on this month's workshop/presentation I'm giving at the Chicago-North RWA Spring Fling Conference. There will be prizes and chocolates given out. I think writers are motivated by little things like that in a session. People learn in many different ways so when I do a presentation I try to include reading material, and hands on exercises as well as talking. That way I reach as many people as I can with my presentation.
Sometimes I'll be in a workshop and the presenter will say something that sparks an idea and then I'm busy writing down what's in my head and I no longer listen. So I don't mind if attentions wander. What do you like best in a presentation?

2 comments:

  1. Interaction! I try to infuse all of my seminars with some kind of interaction. Besides, I don't want to be the only one doing the talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at your presentation. And thank you so much for helping me make Up a LIKE button on my blog! I love it.

    ReplyDelete