Monday, January 17, 2011

Jan. 17

I have to acknowledge Martin Luther King day. It is amazing all the work the civil rights movement did and how it changed the United States. There is much more work to be done. That is why this holiday is important. So that history can be viewed under a microscope and reflected positively in today's society. To help us see how far we've come and how far we have yet to go.
I think my stories come out of my personal study of human beings. Characters come to life with all the imperfections and social viewpoints of real people. I think it's amazing that despite our natural tendency to divide ourselves into groups, and tribes, good guys and bad guys, we humans have the ability to see how all people are equal. We don't always act on it. That is part of being human, but we can understand the concept and that makes us wonderful. Doesn't it?
Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment