Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jan. 25

If you are interested in getting a peek at the book I'm currently editing for submission, go to my Tuesday craft blog: www.nancyjparra.blogspot.com. I wrote about character building and used my current main character, Toni Ryder, as an example.
Next up on my to-do list are taxes. My method of saving tax receipts and expenditures for my writing business vary. But usually include a large envelop where receipts are stuffed. Then every six months, I pull them out and identify and tag them in my receipt book. So that when tax time comes, I'm ready to input totals. I know there is software available and people input monthly, but alas, I am a procrastinator and thus the large envelop method works best for me. How do you do your taxes?

3 comments:

  1. I learned to do the monthly bookkeeping and taxes after three months' worth nearly did me in. Took me a few hours to total everything for my accountant, but all we need is one more form and it's ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L. Diane- after five hours...give or take we got the taxes done- only to learn there will be changes in mid-February that we need to wait for or send an amended version. sigh. :D

    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete