Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Aug 23

It's raining here. I put little dog's sweater on her and took her for a walk. She protested the whole way~ her feet were getting wet! Such is the life of a pampered pooch. They actually make doggie out houses so they can poo in the rain and snow and stay dry. Um, yeah, I'm not going that far. She's a dog, a cute dog, but a dog. My daughter has me watching The Dog Whisperer- that guy would shake his head at the idea of a doggie outhouse. I like him. He says dogs are 100 percent predictable if you know what you're looking for and that it is the owner who needs to be trained. He thinks people need to get over the stories they tell themselves about their dogs feelings and become calm and assertive pack leaders. He tells women that this kind of calm and assertive behavior will help them in their work and their life.
It reminds me of that wonderful old movie If a Man Answers, where the young wife tries to save her marriage by using dog training techniques on her new husband.
Have you seen it? It's big fun. Remember always to be calm and assertive my friends. Cheers~

3 comments:

  1. Cesar Millan is very much an alpha dog. He's good at his job, no doubt. But Victoria Stilwell is pretty darn good herself. She brings another layer to training. I like her a lot.

    Both have valuable things to teach.

    Wishing you a great rest of your day and Much Happy Writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that movie, but I'm thinking I need to! My husband likes the Dog Whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi THW~ I will check out Victoria Stilwell. I am always willing to learn new things.

    Hi Linda- it's a really cute movie~ and funny!
    Hope you get to see it. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete