Monday, August 8, 2011

Aug 8

I started today off writing July 8- sigh. Do you ever do that? I mean wow what year is it? lol. Time flies, especially when your brain is hip deep in a book- either writing or editing. You're in your character's time and if I didn't have family around I wouldn't really know night from day. I've read that some writers will even not eat. Hmmm- I can't go that far. I'm an eater. That is obvious by my facebook posts about baking things. This weekend I made Zimtkucken for the first time. It is a yeast based cinnamon coffee cake. I can't eat it because it is made with flour- but everyone else can. The house smelled like a bakery. I posted the recipe in the notes section of my FB page.
Another tip for the time challenged: since it's not good to sit too long, I set the kitchen timer for 60 minutes. My office is upstairs but I can hear it. I have to get up and go downstairs to turn it off. Then I get water as well. This helps stretch my muscles and keep me hydrated.
Does time fly for you? If so, do you have any tips to combat it?

5 comments:

  1. Zimtkucken sounds yummy. Time does fly for me too Nancy. Chores at home eat away most of it:-)

    Best,
    Suma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, how kind of you to bake cakes you can't eat! I'm wheat intolerant too but wheat-free bread (not really bread) makes me turn to rice cakes (not really cakes) in despair!

    I'm afraid I would tend to leave the timer ringing away merrily if I was deep in the land of make believe. The phone does ring with alarming regularity though!
    The Time Sculptor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found the older I get, the faster time flies no matter what I am doing. I wouldn't forget to eat though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an eater too. I have a big bag of mountail mix by my desk for for the writing muse flows though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suma, home chores do eat away at time. I try to do one big chore a day so that they are spread out and I have more time to write daily.

    Hi Jane, I agree wheatfree bread is awful. I just ordered a cook book. I'm going to see if I can't figure out how to make it better. I'll keep you posted if I do.
    L. Diane, age does effect how time flies- I think it's all proportional. when you're young each hour is a bigger part of your life.
    Hi Linda, If I had a big bag of mountail mix near my desk I'd eat more than I'd write. LOL. I learned early on that I move my mouth when I talk with my hands- sort of the opposite of moving your hands when you speak. I'd be constantly eating. so the food is in another part of the house. for my own good~ lol
    Cheers everyone~

    ReplyDelete