Friday, November 13, 2009

Nov. 13

Wow- It's Friday the 13th. The sun is out on a glorious day. I have work to do. I wrote a 95,000 word single title which made all the rounds of the big houses. So I decided to query it to my publisher Avalon- only they have a standard 55-60,000 word max. So, now I'm cutting scenes left and right. So far I'm down to 70,000 - will cut some more today- then reread and shape and make sure it all makes sense. Then cut some more. I love this book. I love the characters. I keep reading a scene going-"but I love this... I'll leave it and cut something else." lol. Riiight. Must be ruthless. I owe my characters respect- respect to see their story gets out to readers. So, must step aside with my thoughts on my work and instead do what is best for them. Ahhh, the life of a writer. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck. I remember cutting one of my stories down from 107K to 63K. It completely changed the storyline and I ended up making one of my supporting characters the main character. You know, I never submitted either version anywhere. I should do that someday.

    ReplyDelete