Friday, July 23, 2010

July 23

This week flew by, I am trying to decide what happened to it. Did I get things done that I wanted to get done? Are my writing goals where I want them to be? In four days I have pages due for my Master's thesis. In three days I have books due at the library. Tomorrow it's time to do yard work again, that is if the rain stops.
I like to look at my goals on Mondays and Fridays. It might seem excessive, but it keeps me on track. My thoughts and actions sometimes can be like little chicks around a mother hen, scrambling here and there. I don't like them to stray too far from my purpose or they will get lost.
As for my writing, I am waiting on a publish date for the next Avalon. Awesome agent has sent me a handful of rejections for the thriller. I'm on point to finish Master's thesis this fall. I have three new books in outline stage and four finished books waiting for someone to take an interest in them. Writing is like the military, there is a lot of hurry up and wait. The wait is usually three times as long as the hurry up.
How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend? Vacations? Back to school shopping? I would love to know. Cheers~

2 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) on the rejections for the thriller! Hope your agent finds the right editor soon.

    No plans yet - although, Husband may want to take his new Freelander out for long drive (if there's lunch and no cooking at the end of the drive, I'm happy!) Hope to get into my revisions if I get a moment or two.

    Have a good one!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, thanks- hope you enjoyed your drive and I agree- no cooking at the end would be great! cheers~

    ReplyDelete