Friday, July 9, 2010

July 9

Another bright, hot and humid day and I am going with it. What I mean by that is I am allowing myself to float and work on whatever I bump into instead of focusing on a goal and putting my all into it. I hate to float. I'd rather be constantly working but recent events have taught me that sometimes its best to float a day or two away. All work and no play will kill a creative soul. You have to stare out the window. You have to have time to let the subconscious connect with the other world where the characters live and grow or the writing is flat and one dimensional.
It all boils down to balance. Even the seasons don't have the same perfect day. No, the weather goes with the moment mixing things up, changing from hot to cold, adding rain and drought and storms and yet it always moves from summer to fall to winter to spring.
So, don't feel guilty, feel balance. What do you do for balance?

Cheers~

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for saying this. I float lots more than I should and it always makes me feel extra guilty afterward because I didn't get anything done!

    Sometimes I make a deal with myself; I have to do something worthwhile for at least ten minutes every hour. But that doesn't work like I always want it too either. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Linda, you do have a new baby at home. That in itself takes a lot of work and adjustment of what you can and cannot do. Balance is near impossible when baby is number one. :) So do let the guilt go right out the window. You have nothing to be guilty about. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete