Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sept. 1

It's dark today. Little dog thinks we should go for a walk but I look out my window and see rain. It's not torrential driving rain. It is simply water falling from the sky. We need it. It has been so dry that many of the trees are dropping leaves. The banks of the lake are covered with brown leaves. It should help with the parched ground.
Maybe I'll put on my raincoat and go for that walk anyway. I bet the walk will be peaceful and the dog will shake off the wet. Then its off to the library. Rainy days are great times to pick up books and movies and enjoy the moment. What is your favorite rainy day thing to do?

2 comments:

  1. Rainy days are great for sleeping late (if I can, I'm usually an early riser), but definitely a movie and popcorn ~ preferably at home, but maybe the movie theater....and of course, reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen,

    Oh, movies and popcorn- yes, rainy days are great for that. :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete