Friday, September 10, 2010

Sept. 10

As much as we love three day weekends I think that short weeks are confusing. It's Friday already and I still have to do my Thursday work. It makes me feel behind and scrambling to catch up. The thing about writing and working at home is that there are no boundaries. Work is always sitting right here waiting for you. There is no nine to five and no feeling of accomplishment. Kind of like housework... I think men do yard work because when you cut the grass and trim the bushes, they stay cut and trimmed for a couple of days. Job done! Let's go watch TV. While housework, dishes, cooking-never done. Thirty minutes after dinner people are looking for snacks. Someone walks in with muddy shoes and the floor is a mess. Magical dust bunnies never go away. So, there is something to be said for leaving home and going to work. At the end of the day you get to come home-job done at least for a few hours.
I wrote a blog for my Seton Hill University friend Irene Pynn on a day in the life of a published author. She said she would post it today sometime. Click on her name and see if it's up. Then you'll see what I mean. :) Have a great weekend everyone. Cheers~

2 comments:

  1. It was a LONG 5-day week here in the UK! I know what you mean, though - last week, we had a short week and I was all off-kilter. Hope you catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Talli, thanks!

    Here's the link to the post on Irene's blog:
    http://irenelpynn.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-published-author-nancy-j-parra-guest-blog/#comment-172

    ReplyDelete