Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dec. 14

I sent off Christmas Cards yesterday and then realized I forgot one or two. I am not good at Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries. My poor family puts up with me and my haphazard memory. It's not that I don't love them and want to celebrate. It's that I buy cards early and then think, it's too early to mail it and set it down...only to be forgotten until the day of the event when I search frantically for the card and run out after the mailman waving furiously for him to wait and take the darn card. By then it's too late.
It doesn't help that I've lived more than twenty years with my brain in another world-the world of books and stories. I have to be able to go there to find the characters and work with them on their stories. Time is different there. The longer I work in that place the harder it is to be grounded in reality. (Now see, that sentence brings on a whole new story idea...and I just lost another twenty minutes of time exploring it.)
Question: Are you organized with Christmas, birthday's etc.?

3 comments:

  1. I used to be so good at remember! Last few years - forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terrible at it...used to be good, but motherhood and writing have totally changed my priorities. I always feel guilty about it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my friends, thanks for the comments. Life does have a tendency to take over, doesn't it? :D Glad to see I'm not alone. Perhaps it's the writer in us. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete