Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16

I'm listening to birds. It is so awesome when they come back. I've heard a crane, geese, a kildeer, redwinged blackbird, robin, cardinal, grackle and chickadee. It's a regular chorus out there. So different than the deep quiet of a snowy winter day. The sun is out and my windows are open, but there is still snow. The lake is still ice covered but the edges are water now, leaving the white ice to float in the center. The weeping willow trees are bright yellow. You can see that the sap has risen in the branches and the buds are coming out.
My heat just kicked in, so I should go close the windows. For a moment it was fun to pretend.
Tell me about the weather where you are. Do you have flowers yet? Or, for those of you south of the equator any signs of Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment