Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23

The lake is finally completely free of ice, but there is snow on the way in the next few days. Old Man Winter is not ready to give up yet. I did see snowdrops and crocuses blooming in a neighbor's yard. The French Pussy Willow tree is puffing out with all the tiny white fluffy bits. So, snow or not, the plants are growing. I am itching for planting season. I have bought a ton of seeds/bulbs- morning glories, gladiolas, butterfly flowers, and wildflowers. Some giant packets you are to scatter over your garden. The trouble with those is that I can't tell weeds from flowers and tend to pull them out. So I'm going to have to stake them out. The packets all say I can't plant until April. But April isn't that far away, is it? Soon, I will be complaining of heat and making jelly and jams from the strawberries and grapes. I'm looking forward to it. How about you? Are there flowers blooming where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment