Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8

I've pretty much had my head in my work. Which can be a good thing and a bad thing. I write three or four books a year. Twenty percent get published. I do my best to promote the books that do get published, but mostly I work on the next book. Recently, I've noted that people with Kindles are choosing only one of the two e-books I have out. Since it was"in my opinion" the least attractive of the two books, I thought I'd go find out why they are choosing that book. Turns out- the other- more attractive book is not on Kindle. Huh. So I started a campaign to have my readers ask for the book on Kindle. Then I went to my publisher with a simple question- why is my second e-book not on Kindle? The answer- it was an oversight on their part. Sigh.
The book has been available for over a year and never on Amazon e-books. *Head meet desk.* All my promo, reviews, etc and it took me a year to ask my publisher why. I assumed they would do it without my intervention- as they did the first book.
Sigh. Sometimes you just have to laugh at the craziness of it all. Oh, and keep an eye out for DREAM MAN arriving to Amazon Kindle sometime soon. Cheers~

3 comments:

  1. Always a good move, going straight to the horses mouth. Good for you.

    Do you have any pictures to share of these books, any links to post in a blog about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I can't believe it wasn't on Kindle. How crazy is that. Well, here's hoping you get some new sales!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi THW - pictures and reviews are on my website: www.nancyjparra.com or just click on my photo on the right and you're there. :)

    Linda, I know, crazy, right?
    Cheers, my friends!

    ReplyDelete