Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17

I would like to congratulate my niece, Jessica, on her graduation from college and her wedding. She did it all in one weekend and I wish her all the best.

The view from my window this morning is stunningly brilliant. It is one of those early spring days when the sun is so sharp the leaves on the trees sparkle. The lake looks deep purple. Everything is a shade of green and the view of the water is once more blocked by unfurling leaves catching the very sun that makes them sparkle. The wind is gusty-sometimes gently rocking them, sometimes blowing hard in hopes of dislodging them. The large pink blooms on my magnolia tree are all blown away like huge pink Fall leaves. The crab apple trees are covered in small white petals while the cherry trees are a burst of pink blooms. They scent the air in sweetness to draw the bees from their winter hiding places and shower the grass in pink and white drifts. Everything is new and tender and bright.

I hope your weather is just as lovely no matter where you are. Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment