Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20

My goal for today is to work on the PowerPoint presentation for my teaching demonstration at school in June. If you have ever had the pleasure to work in Adobe creative suite, you know that PowerPoint is far from intuitive and is a real hassle. Sigh. But it's what schools and businesses use for presentations. Therefore I work in it. Design like writing is very subjective. What one person loves another might loathe. My design, like my writing, has a very strong voice. Often a client will say, come up with something. So I do, I might give them five designs. Guess what? It won't be at all what they are looking for. LOL I may try to give them something close to what they have and they decide they want something new. I might give them something fresh and they end up wanting what they have. At least in this instant I can design for myself. It's a lot less work.
Writing can be like this. Editors and publishers might tell you they are looking for X and yet they really want Z. So, sometimes, just sometimes, it's really not you. It's them.
Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment