Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go see the Dalai Lama of Tibet in person and listen to him speak. The auditorium was packed. He spoke on religious tolerance and how religious people should work together and not fight each other- because we all believe in the same truths- love, compassion, and forgiveness.
It was an interesting talk. For me, people-watching was as interesting as the speaker. So many different cultures there curious to know what this man of learning had to say.
His main point was to respect your own culture and religious traditions, learn about others and understand that we all want the same thing - a happy life.
My question for today- are you living a happy life?
Cheers~

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that must've been quite a lecture! I think I'm a typical American in the happy department. I got every thing I most wanted in life--a wonderful family, home, and I've sold a book--but of course, I'd take more if I could get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- Linda, I agree. We are happy but always striving. I think striving helps to keep us happy. Don't you think? Cheers~

    ReplyDelete