Friday, April 10, 2009

April 10- Wait is a four letter word

I want to thank my friend author Carolyn Brown for the title quote for today. It is so true. As writers, we work our butts off and then we ...wait.

Wait is a four letter word.

We write and then we wait to see if anyone wants to read it. Then we wait to see if they will buy it. Then we wait for revisions. Then we wait for copy edits. We wait for galleys. We wait for author copies. Finally the book is on the shelf, but we wait to see if anyone buys it. Then we wait for a royalty check. Meanwhile we write again and the cycle starts over.

As the song says, "...the wai-aiting is the hard-est part..."

Happy Holidays everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Tom Petty! I know that song... showing my age I guess.

    The "hurry-up-and-waits" are even harder!

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, being a writer who is just now seriously working on her first book, I can't wait to wait!

    If I can get to the part where I'm waiting for someone to actually buy it, it will be the happiest wait of my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that waiting aside, you are a great writer and worthy of success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You (and Tom) said it. Waiting is the hardest part. Feels like I've been waiting on one of my books to come out for eleven years now. Still waiting!!

    ReplyDelete