Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 9

Happy Passover. Happy Holy Thursday.

Lots of religious things going on this week. Remembrances and celebrations of ancestry. I think it's good to hear the stories of who we are and how we got here. It connects us with the bigger picture-and that bigger picture is not a chocolate bunny- although I do have some sitting on my desk begging to be eaten, but that is another blog. ;)

Our "modern" world runs at a pace far swifter than our human minds are built to take. So, it is good to stop and see the people we are buzzing around with, to celebrate our religion, our beliefs, our heritage. So-happy celebrations everyone!

(Hmmm, seem to be having a philosophical week. Perhaps it's the spring sunshine on my shoulder. Cheers!)

3 comments:

  1. Chocolate Bunnies. Yum. I gave up chocolate for Lent.

    What was I thinking?

    This time of year always reminds me of the time my older brother claimed that he saw the actual Easter Bunny himself hop across a country dirt road, leaping a barbed wire fence. And, yes, I mean a human-sized bi-pedal rabbit holding a ribbon-decorated basket. It wasn't a white rabbit like Alice encountered, though. He insists that this one was grey.

    My brother is a non-drinking, serious-minded, highly intelligent high school teacher with two Master's Degrees.

    He still, to this very day, swears this really happened.

    I'll leave the story right there, for anyone to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's strange how deep thoughts can hit you even at the most unserious times. That comes from living a while, I guess.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin,

    I love the Easter Bunny story- I guess he's out there- somewhere...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete