Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23

I am watching the sunrise this morning. Sometimes it's good to stop and look around. Wonder at the colors and textures of the sky. Watch it go from black to navy to pink to red to orange to yellow white. The general quiet of morning is broken by the cardinal singing his territory song. The coffee smells rich and bitter sweet as I take a sip. It's cold enough to warrant wrapping up in a blanket, but I know it will grow warmer today. I meditate on what is right in front of me for a few brief moments before I turn back inside to the busy preparations and long to-do list waiting for me.

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful day here, Nancy, and I am enjoying the fresh smells blowing in through the windows and the warm sun on my cat's fur as he bakes in the windowsill!

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, sunrise has always depressed me a bit. Not sure why, unless it's a half-forgotten reminder from my scary school days.

    Sunsets, however, are a whole different thing! I try to never miss the chance to stop and stare in wonder.

    Hmm...maybe it's because I'm growing increasingly nocturnal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quiet before dawn as well. And there's something special about the silence of midnight too. My day was great; hope yours was too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHile I always prefered sunsets, since I am a night owl I used to like watching the sunrise from the other end. I would take my dog out, who'd stayed up all night with me, and watch the sun come up--then go to bed! Especially pretty coming up over the beach here.

    ReplyDelete