Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17

Happy St. Patrick's Day! My mother tells me that we are part Scots-Irish. What that means is my red-headed Grandmother's Scottish ancestors moved from Scotland to Ireland to terrorize the locals before they came to America- Canada and the US. And so I can claim a bit of the Emerald Isle in my blood.

I am an American mutt- which means if I look hard enough I may find a little bit of every kind of peoples in my blood. I think that's the greatest gift of all- don't you?

2 comments:

  1. I think we have a tiny bit of Irish as well, but I'm mostly MUTT! (Okay, and a quarter Dane)

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. An American Mutt, I like that...
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you Nancy.

    ReplyDelete