Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 8 Spring Forward kills

I'm sure everyone is going to blog about the time change today. Weird but I got up at my "usual" time-even with the change. Somewhere in the back of my mind I must have been thinking about the loss of an hour of time today. I know from experience that the day will zip by...until I get used to the change.

My question is-why if we only have 3 months of "standard times"-we even change at all? The whole reason for Daylight Savings time was to create a day with more light in it-so that people would get out and shop. Yep. It was all about stimulating commerce--and it works. Which is why they keep putting the time change farther and farther back and starting earlier and earlier.

But studies have shown a spike in heart attacks and death due to changing the clocks. It's imagined that the loss of an hour of sleep can kill you. It's a stresser in an already stressed world. So- take a nap today people. I want you around tomorrow. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. No time to nap! Still lobbying for a 40-hour day...

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete