Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16

I was at the library yesterday and I love to check the "new" books shelf. I pulled out this fabulous nonfiction book - "The Drunkard's Walk, how randomness rules our lives" by Leonard Mlodinow. There is a short blurb on the cover by Stephen Hawkings, "A wonderfully readable guide to how the laws of randomness affect our lives."

Okay- it was a random book to pull off the shelf at the library... and yet- it fits perfectly with where my thoughts have been going lately. I think I'm going to blog on this on my Sunday blog. But wait, you say- it's a book about math (shudder) - what does that have to do with writing??

Page 8 has some wonderful examples of the randomness of book writing... *smile* yes...math can explain my career... love it.

Off to read more... Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of a favorite qoute from Ray Bradbury:

    "Jump and you will learn how to unfold your wings as you fall."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the irony of the selection. Looking forward to hearing about page 8.

    ReplyDelete