Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20

The view from my window is lovely today. The sky overhead is a hazy white/blue. The leaves on the trees are dark green and shimmer in the sunlight. A gentle breeze blows through the window carrying the scents of summer. It's cool here in the low 70 degrees F. The lake is low from our dry spell. It appears thick and full of dark green shadows from the surrounding trees. The center sparkles with waves from the breeze.
I'm listening to the songs of birds-robins, redwing black bird, sparrow, chickadee. Somewhere in the distance children are playing. I can't see them, but I can hear their laughter. It brings back memories of my own childhood and lazy summer days-filled with swings and games and Popsicles.

2 comments:

  1. Here it's a little rainy, cloudy, and very warm & humid!

    I'll take your view...

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's drizzly and wet here too. I think I'll close my eyes and picture your scenery. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete