Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dec. 20

It is the last Sunday before Christmas, the day before the darkest day of the year. I'm very much a person of the light. Since moving to northern clims I've had to use a light box starting in September up until April as the darkness is hard on my body. So, I actually count down the days until the winter solstice because I know that after that day the sun will return--slowly of course, but still it does return. Hope is a powerful and happy thing. While January can be bitter and cold, it brings with it ever increasing daylight and the promise of better times ahead. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I don't mind the darker days. However, it always feels as if they are shortest in January. It really does take a long, long time for the sun to return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea the last Sunday before Christmas is the darkest day of the year. Thank you so much. I learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda- It's Dec. 21st- that's the shortest/darkest day of the year. So, burn a yule log to brighten it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete