As promised-tada! Linda Kage tagged me a few days ago and so I'm going to play along. As part of the drill I'm to tag three others, but with the holidays, I'll keep the tag to myself for now. So, here are the questions and my answers.
1. What’s the last thing you wrote? What’s the first thing you wrote that you still have? I last wrote a letter to my Grandma. My last finished manuscript was a middle grade book for boys. I still have an 8th grade notebook full of short stories. Which include an end of the world, last person alive kind of story, a time travel to Queen Elizabeth's court and a Star Trek fan fic piece. :)
2. Write poetry? 3. Angsty poetry? Nope. :)
4. Favorite genre of writing? Romance- love the happy endings.
5. Most annoying character you’ve ever created? The last sister in the Morgan Trilogy-Beth, was a spoiled beauty. I struggle with that point of view. But it was worth it in the end because "The Lovin' Kind" was named one of the top ten romances of 2006.
6. Best plot you’ve ever created? I think my current plot is the best plot I've ever created. Which means when I start my next book it will be the best plot I ever created-because I learn so much with each book. I hope to get better and better.
7. Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created? In Dream Man, the missing woman is really... nope won't give it away. But you can preorder it now at the wild rose press. :)
8. How often do you get writer’s block? Never- too much going on in my head.
9. Write fan fiction? in 8th grade-lol
10. Do you type or write by hand? Type- my handwriting is atrocious. I can't always read it. I'm so used to typing it's difficult to hand write.
11. Do you save everything you write? Only the finished stuff- I usually delete tons of pages while revising - think of it as sculpting and throwing away big chunks that hide the view.
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you’ve abandoned it? Yes- all the time. My first book, Saving Samantha, was rewritten six or more times- changing settings, plot twist, etc.
13. What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever written? My current wip. I always love the book I'm working on now the best.
14. What’s everyone else’s favorite story that you’ve written? I still get fan mail for "A Wanted Man" -You can find it on-line or in your local library.
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama? *smiles* yes!
16. What’s your favorite setting for your characters? Where ever they want to be.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now? I have seven complete projects out on submission.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing? Yes, several- I've listed them on my website. www.nancyjparra.com
19. What are your five favorite words? When editors call and say: "Love it! Want to buy it." :)
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself? I think they all have bits and pieces of me in them which makes them quirky, don't you think?
There are six more questions but I am lazy and never follow rules, so you get the first twenty. Thanks to Linda for the tag! Please check out her blog and see what her answers were-and discover the six missing questions.