Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27

The thing about the suburbs in the summer is the constant noise of the lawn mower and weed whacker. I swear as soon as the sun comes up someone it out manicuring their lawn--before breakfast. The last two nights it's been 9 pm and still we have the sound of mowers going. How do they see in the dark?
Don't get me wrong. I love warmer weather. I love to take walks and smell people grilling. Watch the kids in swimsuits running through sprinklers or using slippery slides. I love the splashes of color from flowers and bushes and the green- good lord- the green is so lovely in tone. Then there is the hum of frogs in the lake which will be shortly taken over by the hum of the cicada in the trees. Everything is so alive.
Except the darn lawn mowers, I have no patience for that annoying rattle and hum. There should be a law. Only mow on one or two days a week between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm. Maybe I'll write my lawmakers. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I sound like grumpy ole Andy Rooney from 60 minutes. lol. Have a great day everyone. I'm working to the sound of yet another mower. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I like Andy Rooney. Anyway, about this law. What if rained on those days like EVERY week? Then we'd all have really awful looking lawns. Maybe they could make some kind of provision in case of nasty weather. Dunno. It hurts to think about too much! I'll stop playing Devil's Advocate.

    And what about that Lee DeWyze, huh? I think I'm still Team Crystal. But I'm happy for him; he seemed really overwhelmed with the win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guys mowing after dark always amaze me - especially the ones without lights on their mower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Linda,
    I love Crystal. I think she's better off not being stuck with the American Idol contract. She can forge ahead with her own stuff and not have to conform to what the producer's want. Lee seems like a total sweetheart. I love his voice and I think he'll be fine in the Idol machine.

    L. Diane, I know I've seen the ones with lights on their mowers, too. Crazy! :)

    Have a safe holiday my friends!

    ReplyDelete