Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10

I went to the store yesterday to purchase office supplies to conquer the nearly six inch stack of papers and such on my desk. All of it is information for my Master's program which starts on the 23rd. So, today will be spent, shifting, sorting and organising because I think there is stuff in there -somewhere- I need to be working on right now.... :)

Yesterday I did final edits on part three of revisions for one book and was so excited by the outcome. Hopefully you've done this with your writing... felt like "this is so good I need to show it to everyone." Like little kids who show strangers the picture they just drew, the rock they learned to leap off of, the poem they memorized. It is a blissful feeling and one of the small joys of this business. Unfortunately, the showing off must wait because there is still part four to revise...and then editors to wait on... (Partials for this book were sent out in October.)

Meanwhile I'm now kicking around ways to make two-yep-now two old books resaleable. I have received 9 critiques for class. I am reading a wonderful full for a friend. Promo has started for next month's book release. Nothing ever moves fast enough for my brain... HA!

Okay- off to organize. My value-added bit for today-I hope you find and savor all the blissful moments in your writing when you want to jump around and say: "Check this out! Isn't it great?" ;)

1 comment:

  1. I too am working on my 2nd novel. I'm not sure which to publish because I don't want to be stereotyped by making the sequel to THE SANDMAN out too soon. I'm thinking of a comedy about retail because I have so many years of experience and think this should be the way to go. We'll have to wait and see. Here I am starting a new job with new responsibilities, spending quality family time, I don't know how I'll find time to write, but I will.

    David Lucero, author of THE SANDMAN
    www.DavidLuceroSandman.com

    ReplyDelete