Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11

There seems to be a lot of buzz surrounding YA these days. A couple of my favorite blogger/authors write kids books and teen books. It's a market that has been in the back of my mind for some time. My Avalon books are very nearly YA books. I am always happy to get an e-mail from a teen who tells me they read one of my books for a book report.

That said, Harlequin Silhouette is opening a new teen line-with school quality hardcover books and some trade paperback. The editor said she had a solid line up for the first year or two but was short in the historical line. So- I'm reworking my western and sending in a partial to see if my voice and this story idea are along the lines of what she is looking for. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Go get 'em, Nancy! I love writing in the YA genre.

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You are one of my favorite YA people!!

    ReplyDelete