Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 7

I had planned a day trip into the city today for a literary festival, but the weather has changed all that. We have high pollen counts which are causing constant runny nose and the accompanying sore throat. If you add to that temperatures in the cool fifties (F) and constant rain--some severe storms predicted--it was decided that it was better to cancel the trip since the festival is an outdoor festival. I am sad to miss it this year but the idea of spending two or three hours in the cold pouring rain with an already sore throat was better nixed. Instead, I may take in a nice dry movie. Hopefully your plans for today work out better. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Grrr - when is it going to get WARM?

    Hope you feel better soon...