Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12

I'm more than halfway through the revisions on my thriller. I have people tell me, "Oh, I love revisions." Yes, so do I-I love revisions when I'm writing a first draft...and I am sitting there wondering how I'm going to get the scene to form and how the book goes and whether the story is even worth all the effort-that's when I love revisions. I sigh longingly over the thought of revisions. I tell myself, "revisions are so much easier."

But when I'm doing revisions... I long for rough draft time. I sit down and sigh and think, "first drafts are so much easier..."

It's a process. If done well, both rough draft and revisions take time and during any project you have your good days and your not so good days. So, here's to enjoying the process.

1 comment:

  1. I love revisions, but not nit pick editing. It's fun to fill in better words I hadn't thought of the first time around.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete