Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 24- Fat Tuesday

It's Fat Tuesday- time to party like it's 1999... oh, wait- I guess that's 2099 now.

I went to a writer's meeting last night and listened to two wonderful readings. The critique that followed was lively and thought provoking. It's good to get out of the house and be with friends.

Today, it's back to querying agents. I am reserving judgement on electronic queries. Only about 1/3 of the agents want e-mailed queries. I am leery of them, to be honest. The agents who want them make no promises- they say if you haven't heard from them in two to four weeks-send another e-mail if you don't hear after another month consider it a rejection... What? um, How do I know you even got the e-mail?

I personally prefer snail mail. I can track that it went to their building. I think a stack of queries on the desk are more likely to get attention than a single e-mail in the 500 messages a day received by an agent.

Still electronic e-mails are quicker to send out and cheaper. So, I am sending them to those who prefer electronic e-mails- meanwhile I'm compiling a list of snail mail queries to go out. I'll keep you posted on which one got the most responses.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you again Monday night, Nancy. I love hearing about the view from your window. Keep us posted on the agent search.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete