Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19

All the wild life is gone today as it is bitter, bitter cold out. The lake is all white-covered with the two inches of crunchy snow we had last night. I am back to working on my revisions. I hope to hit page 400 by the end of the day. Some days simply aren't glamorous. They are workhorse days. When the coffee is the same, the work stares back at you unblinking and even the bird chorus is gone. These workhorse days are good days to have. They are the core purpose. Your chance to make something you love better, to get lost in detail. Even though it is bitter cold out, the sky is clear and the sun sits on my shoulder...making me happy.

3 comments:

  1. "Your chance to make something you love better..."

    Words like these are a great inspiration to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy! I "see" you over at Marilyn's blog all the time and we are friends on Facebook, so I thought I'd pop over here and say "hi!"

    I agree with what Marty said, and I hope you get a lot of revising done today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the complement, Marty.

    Hi Robin, glad to "see" you here- :)

    Okay, break over...back to work. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete