Monday, February 16, 2009

February 16-Agent query

I have done my research on agents- I googled agents. Then went to Agent Query which lists agents to find ones that are looking for thrillers. I found seven good candidates. Then I went to preditors and editors-a website that rates agents and lets you know when someone is phony or has a bad reputation. I also look for an agent to be a AAR member as this association has a set code of conduct that I appreciate.

Now I have a starting list of four- these four represent my "ideal" agent for this book. There are more but I'm going to start with my ideal. I've already written and revised the book, written and revised the synopsis, written a sell sheet. Now I will sit down and write a query letter and send a letter to each of my four candidates. Their replies can come as early as today-if they do e-mail- or in the next few weeks. Here's hoping they want to read more.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Nancy!
    Sounds like you're going about it the right way.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/morganmandel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Hope all your hard work pays off.

    I must remember to check agents on the pre-editors & editors list!

    ReplyDelete